January 28, 2014 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Report a Vulnerability
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2014-01
- Date: 2014-01-28
- Title: CSRF issue in customer web interface
- Severity: low (Overall CVSS Score : 3.8)
– OTRS 3.3.x
– OTRS 3.2.x
– OTRS 3.1.x
- Fixed in:
– OTRS 3.1.19, 3.2.14, 3.3.4
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTORS
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:N/AC:M/AU:S/C:P/I:P/A:N/E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C/CDP:N/TD:ND/CR:ND/IR:ND/AR:ND)
This Advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS core system.
- An attacker that managed to take over the session of a logged in customer could create tickets and/or send follow-ups to existing tickets due to missing challenge token checks.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 3.1.x up to and including 3.1.18, 3.2.x up to and including 3.2.13 and 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.3.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS and the affected packages, and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these.
Fixed releases can be found at:
- 3.1: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/ca2c3390fd60d9a3f810ed2c22cbc2c193457b77
- 3.2: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/6f324aaf8647729d509eebf063a0181f9f9196f7
- 3.3: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/92f417277f43832f1a0462f2485fe1fd3fd52312
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.