- January 2014
January 28, 2014 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Report a Vulnerability
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2014-02
- Date: 2014-01-28
- Title: SQL injection issue
- Severity: Low (Overall CVSS Score : 3.6)
– OTRS 3.3.x
– OTRS 3.2.x
– OTRS 3.1.x
- Fixed in:
– OTRS 3.3.4, 3.2.14, 3.1.19
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:A/AC:L/AU:S/C:N/I:P/A:P/E:ND/RL:OF/RC:C/CDP:N/TD:ND/CR:ND/IR:ND/AR:ND)
- References: CVE-2014-1471
This Advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS core system.
- An attacker with a valid customer or agent login could inject SQL in the ticket search URL.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 3.1.x up to and including 3.1.18, 3.2.x up to and including 3.2.13 and 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.3.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS and the affected packages, and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these.
Here are detailed informations about the required changes:
- 3.1: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/2997b36a7c84e933c4b025930cabe93efc4d261d
- 3.2: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/c4ec9205bde9c49770ddad94c1a980c006164949
- 3.3: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/0680603a07b8dc37c2ddca6ff14e0236babefc82
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Karsten Nielsen (Vasgard GmbH) for discovering and reporting this issue.