OTRS Group gives you the opportunity to advance your career and take an active part in the growth and development of the company. Join our dynamic team and face challenging and demanding tasks in an entrepreneurial atmosphere that embraces the open source spirit.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who is ready to embark on a journey to bring Open Source software to an entire geography, representing OTRS for the United States and Canada. OTRS users regularly download and implement the software for their Help Desk or ITSM solution, but many want to purchase expert consulting services, support, and custom development. OTRS Group, the commercial entity behind the OTRS software package, provides these services globally and has an immediate need for a full-time practitioner to deliver these services in North America.
The ideal candidate loves technology, has plenty of experience in IT, and can both deliver services hands-on, as well as evangelize and sell services. Experience designing, configuring and deploying a wide range of IT systems is vital, and experience in ITSM and Help Desk solutions is critical. The ideal candidate should be an independent, fast learner and able to work across time zones and language barriers.
- Give our customers an understanding of our products (OTRS and OTRS ITSM) and at the same time evaluate opportunities for follow-up-business.
- Provide workshops and training for OTRS users and administrators.
- Manage inbound sales inquiries, preparing and presenting deals.
- Manage OTRS projects from conceptual design to implementation and configuration.
- On-board new customers and accounts as well as manage existing accounts.
- Report to the Vice President of Global Consulting
- Substantial IT knowledge (including Ticketing and ITSM Systems)
- Good knowledge of:
- Linux or Windows (Webservers, Apache, IIS)
- Process modeling & notation (UML, BPMN, YAWL)
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following databases: MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of directory services (OpenLDAP, MS Active Directory, etc.) as well as SQL and PERL.
- Project management (PMI)
- Proven experience in working in international projects (US, Latin America, Asia, Europe)
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business, IT, or related area
- 5 years of progressive sales, consulting and managerial experience.
- ITIL Certificate (Foundation, Practitioner, Manager)
You will be working either from our office in Northern California or from your home-office.
How to Apply
Please apply through email only at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OTRS Group is the vendor and world’s leading provider of the open source help desk software, OTRS Help Desk, and the open source IT Service Management (ITSM) software, OTRS ITSM. The corporation consists of OTRS AG and its five subsidiaries: OTRS Inc. (USA), OTRS S.A. de C.V. (Mexico), OTRS B.V. (Netherlands), OTRS Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia), and OTRS Ltd. (Hong Kong). As of 2009, OTRS AG is listed in the Entry Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The OTRS product suite includes the OTRS Help Desk software and the ITIL® V3 compliant IT service management (ITSM) solution OTRS ITSM, as well as an associated iPhone App. OTRS is available in 33 languages and over 110,000 organizations worldwide use OTRS to consolidate their service operations into a single unified solution, saving costs and resources. OTRS Group is the source code owner and offers businesses of all sizes service support, consulting, and software development. The service portfolio consists of process design, implementations, customizations, Application Support, and Managed OTRS Services. Key customers include industry leaders such as NASA, IBM, Siemens, and Nokia. OTRS is used by 60 percent of DAX 30 companies.