- IT Service Management
- Human Resources
- Internal IT
- Enables the improvement of handling processes
- Relieves the agents
- Simplifies the data collection
- Reduces error sources
The feature allows to easily define business workflow templates for common tasks. Workflow ‘task’ ticket can be dependent on any other task(s) in that workflow, giving a high level of control over the order in which tasks are completed. A task that is dependent on preceding tasks will not appear in the Queue until the preceding tasks are closed.
Each task ticket within a workflow can be predefined using these fields:
Individual tasks can be made dependent of another corresponding task within a workflow. This dependence means that tickets will only be shown in a queue when the dependent preceding ticket has changed to the status ‘closed’.
An agent can start a workflow through an existing ticket. The content of the original ticket will then be copied to all task tickets. All agents will have a quick overview of their tasks in their personal dashboard widgets.
- No further workflows can be started within an existing workflow.
- A task can be dependent of another task within a workflow.
- Workflows can only be started in the agent frontend.
This feature is also available for the OTRS::ITSM Module.