Release Notes: OTRS 5 Patch Level 10
May 17, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 10th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Re-added missing console command Dev::Tools::GenericInterface::DebugRead, thanks to Rolf Schmidt.
- Added floating information widgets which can easily be added to any link element using data-trigger=”floater” (also on runtime). Enable Ticket::Frontend::ZoomCollectMeta and at least one of its related filters nearby in order to have meta information (which matches the configured regex) collected from articles and displayed next to them in AgentTicketZoom (also with floater widgets, if enabled).
- Improved the way user last used zoom view type is stored for Timeline view in OTRS Business Solution™.
- Added package verification information to Admin::Package::List console command, use bin/otrs.Console.pl Admin::Package::List –show-verification-info (to show package verification information) or bin/otrs.Console.pl Admin::Package::List –show-verification-info –delete-verification-cache (to show package verification information, deleting the cache before).
- Make out of office message configurable (setting OutOfOfficeMessageTemplate).
- Improve X-Mailer email header if Secure::DisableBanner is active to avoid the mail being classified as SPAM, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12053 – Use of uninitialized value $ModuleDirectory in concatenation (.) or string.
- Bug#12040 – Emails are incorrectly attached to tickets.
- Bug#12044 – PostMaster process crashed if a non existent ticket type is set via PostMaster filter.
- Bug#12031 – SubSelected class not applied to My Tickets in CustomerTicketOverview Navigation.
- Bug#12048 – error message with HTML <br> code.
- Bug#12049 – Encoding problems in REST transport.
- Bug#11614 – LDAP Auth loses Agent-Group relationships every 2nd login.
- Bug#12036 – Escalation Notification % does not work for short intervals.
- Bug#12033 – Wrong value selected automatically for Responsible in Bulk action..
- Bug#12039 – Wrong default article type in reply.
- Bug#11783 – EscalationsCheck alwasy triggers every Event.
- Bug#11729 – FAQ zoom elements are not collapsed correctly in IE if iframes are empty.
- Bug#12017 – Modernized forms do not work as exspected in conjunction with ACLs.
- Bug#12009 – Request-URI Too Large The requested URL’s length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.
- Bug#12015 – FollowUpArticleTypeCheck.pm never fulfilled / check if current sender is customer (do nothing).
- Bug#12008 – Problem with UTF-8 argument passed to otrs.Console.pl.
- Bug#11171 – Missing translation entries.
- Bug#11996 – AgentCustomerSearch causes log errors.
- Bug#11430 – (Ticket )Cache won’t get updated on DynamicField ValueDelete.
- Bug#11994 – Activating PreferencesGroups###CSVSeparator triggers internal server error.
- Bug#11992 – Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails when saving customer user theme.
- Bug#11749 – Customer Search: attributes can’t add with ‘+’.
- Bug#11921 – Wrong attachment is deleted if deleting from multiple attachments from template in new ticket.
- Bug#11917 – Generic Interface does show empty/wrong results when a space (+) is used with in the name.
- Bug#11982 – Follow-up: Labels overlap each other also on line charts.
- Bug#11970 – Kill all sessions button text too long for button.
- Bug#11990 – Kernel/Config/ files matching regex .pm may throw an error while loading.
- Bug#11842 – Restful API with data type Boolean.
- Bug#4640 – Wrong variable <OTRS_CUSTOMER_REALNAME> in Auto Responses.
- Bug#11975 – Use of uninitialized value $NotUseTag in /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Package.pm.
- Bug#11918 – Placement of activities and other elements shifted.
- Bug#11980 – Priority sorting in dashboard widgets not working for a custom column.
- Bug#11973 – Mapping backend “Simple” can’t get initialized multiple times. Thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#11353 – Not able to filter for CustomerID with brackets () at TicketViews.
- Bug#11982 – Labels overlap each other on stacked area charts.
- Bug#11978 – Something missing from PreferencesGroups###TicketOverviewFilterSettings description.
- Bug#11979 – When OpenMainMenuOnHover is disabled, overlays open twice.
- Bug#939 – Change title to another text to distinguish it in other languages.
- Bug#11948 – Dest preselect by URI in CustomerTicketMessage.
- Bug#11966 – Creation of new LDAP-Users not working with GoogleAuthenticator activated.
- Bug#11922 – Notification to non RealCustomer.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_10/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: