Release Notes: OTRS 5s Patch Level 15
December 13, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 15th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Removed superfluous colons in table heading, thanks to Balázs Úr (PR#1566).
- Improved output of customer data in AdminSession
- Moved the save buttons into a separate widget for better usability in AdminACL, thanks to Balázs Úr.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12483 – YAML load problems with dynamic fields.
- Bug#12439 – Import/Export of notifications do not work between two instances.
- Bug#12472 – Bug in Output Filter Frontend::Output::FilterText###AAAUR: wrong FTP recognition.
- Bug#12467 – Column header in excel format start from second row.
- Bug#12293 – Auto response presents confidential information from internal communication to customer user. Please note that for this fix, the configuration setting “PostMaster::PostFilterModule###000-FollowUpArticleTypeCheck” was renamed to “PostMaster::PreCreateFilterModule###000-FollowUpArticleTypeCheck”. If you had customized the old setting, please also apply your customizations to the new setting.
- Bug#12464 – Customer History table is still visible even though no selected customer users, thanks to S7.
- Bug#12457 – text/html Part only E-Mails with HTML Entities are Converted to Incorrect Charset.
- Bug#1370 – Postmaster filters with 2 match conditions doesnt work.
- Bug#12450 – Error handling with ???. Thanks to Dorothea Doerffel.
- Bug#12461 – Chrome can not display attached PDF files since 5.0.14.
- Bug#12445 – Save and finish button does not “finish” in statistics.
- Bug#11986 – Follow-up: Correctly migrate the wrong config entry.
- Bug#11548 – Filtering the greek symbol sigma “Σ”.
- Bug#12357 – CustomerTicketProcess Problem paste or upload image.
- Fixed error when importing emails without valid address in From field, thanks to Paweł Bogusławski (PR#1559).
- Fixed warnings when saving permissions for users and roles, thanks to Paweł Bogusławski (PR#1557).
- Bug#12427 – Missing table cell in Customer User Management modal screen.
- Fixed an issue where the group selection in SysConfig would lead to empty results in the content area, thanks to S7
- Bug#12438 – Race condition in ArticleCreate.
- Bug#12353 – DynamicField Multiselect default value is not correct on creation. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12418 – Blinking mechanism not working.
- Bug#10825 – <OTRS_CUSTOMER_Body> in Reply-Template, thanks to S7.
- Bug#12415 – Problems with malformed utf8 chars in emails.
- Bug#12403 – Ticketview M or L actionline in ie11 not working.
- Bug#12383 – OTRS does way to many DBD::Pg ping test.
- Bug#12405 – Admin Notification does not show realname.
- Bug#12410 – ACL GUI doesn not contain AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#12395 – Support Data Collector Plugin Table Charset incorrectly reports utf8 Problem for a Table View.
- Bug#12408 – Missing SecretConfigOptions in TemplateGenerator.
- Bug#12401 – Same HTML IDs in the statistics edit screen (x-axis, y-axis and filter).
- Bug#12400 – Package manager does not list freely selectable features via cloud service.
- Fixed empty sender name in response, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
- Bug#12378 – TicketNumber in LinkObject sort columns can’t change its position.
- Bug#12317 – DropDown with many values has doubled scrollbar.
- Bug#12384 – Stats translates ticket type values.
- Bug#12316 – No tickets found, empty lines in customer user management on () in uid. Thanks to Paweł Bogusławski (PR#1510).
- Bug#12397 – backup.pl doesn’t backup articles in special case. Thanks to Jens Pfeifer.
- Bug#12391 – Base64 encoded image does not display in article.
- Bug#12369 – Errors in deleting tickets. Thanks to S7.
- Bug#12367 – * in CustomerID breaks all CustomerUser.CustomerIDs.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#9460 – Under some circumstances OTRS does not join Tickets to the Customernumber.
- Bug#12388 – Using obsolete GenericAgent module jobs causes errors in logs. Thanks to Paweł Bogusławski.
- Bug#12364 – Blank lines at top of signature lost when editing.
- Bug#12349 – Module not working properly ArchiveRestore.
- Bug#12285 – Invalid customer user still receive admin notification.
- Bug#12334 – Net::SSLGlue issues warnings on modern systems.
- Bug#11073 – Default expanded article in queue view (preview mode) should not be an autoreply.
- Bug#12380 – GenericInterface: Buttons to mapping configuration are missing session data.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_15/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: