Release Notes: OTRS 5s Patch Level 14
November 01, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the stable release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Added a new support data collector plugin to check for spooled (incorrectly processed) emails.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added a new agent session limit prior warning notification (SysConfig setting
- ‘AgentSessionLimitPriorWarning’) and added the concurrent agent management for the otrs business solution.
- Added notification type handling for NotificationList in NotificationEvent backend.
- Added caching to NotificationEvent backend.
- Added example process “Application for leave”.
- Added signing and encryption of ticket notifications.
- Added possibility to filter encrypted emails by decrypting them in a postmaster filter.
- Added possibility to automatically fetch customer S/MIME certificates from LDAP.
- Improved sandboxing of displayed attachments.
- Added warning message for Console commands executed in non UTF-8 terminal.
- Added possibility to define Minimum and Maximum framework version in opm files (e.g. <Framework Minimum=”5.0.14″>5.0.x</Framework>).
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11766 – Ticket unlock via Generic Interface not possible.
- Fixed bug#(http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=666) – INSERTs into ‘ticket_history’ fail sometimes.
- Bug#12311 – Process names are listed by ID instead of by name.
- Bug#12284 – Precious little information regarding SMIME signatures.
- Bug#12343 – Cache kept for ViewableLocks.
- Bug#12351 – Multiple sort / order parameters for Ticket::Frontend::Agent::Dashboard.
- Bug#12294 – modern field breaks when we minimize Free Field widget and the form is still open.
- Bug#12208 – Print Process Information screen can not be canceled/closed.
- Bug#12341 – Wrong <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_NameX_Value> in ProcessManagement Transition Actions.
- Bug#12272 – Tickets in status “removed” get reopened from Junk Queue.
- Bug#12331 – pdf generation runs in to errors on spllited pages because of many columns.
- Bug#4640 – Wrong variable <OTRS_CUSTOMER_REALNAME> in Auto Responses.
- Bug#11805 – Cancel the Bulk Action always unlocks tickets.
- Bug#11710 – Using ArticleFilter causes numeration issues.
- Bug#12306(PR#1474) – SOAP won’t use certificates, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#12328 – Translate State, Lock and Priority values in the Lined ticket widget (Complex).
- Bug#12283 – If Customer users <-> Groups is activated, some queues are not available in the customer interface, when starting a process ticket.
- Bug#12313 – Spam log error in AdminSysConfig.
- Bug#12310 – Error when invoking the installer with SecureMode = 1.
- Bug#12309 – LinkObject Complex Table column sorting only works for tickets.
- Bug#12305 – Incorrect charset handling in content type of SOAP messages.
- Bug#12126 – Daemon’s Task SpoolMailsReprocess causes loop tickets.
- Bug#12301 – CSV reading code is broken, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_14/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: