Security Advisory 2014-06: Incomplete Access Control
December 16, 2014 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Report a vulnerability
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2014-06
- Date: 2014-12-16
- Title: Incomplete Access Control
- Severity: low (Overall CVSS Score : 2.7)
- Product: OTRS 3.2.x, 3.3.x, 4.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 3.2.17, 3.3.11, 4.0.3
- URL: [TBD]
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:N/AC:M/AU:S/C:P/I:N/A:N/E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C/CDP:ND/TD:ND/CR:ND/IR:ND/AR:ND)
- References: CVE-2014-9324
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS core system.
- An attacker with valid OTRS credentials could access and manipulate ticket data of other users via the GenericInterface, if a ticket webservice is configured and not additionally secured.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of 3.2.x up to and including 3.2.16, 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.10 and 4.0.x up to and including 4.0.2.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS and the affected packages, and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Here are detailed informations about the required changes:
- 4: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/30e55e4f4acd81a6ba95d54e7c1636b383833baf
- 3.3: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/9ba041fd4897bdb8e1355211f3db574cee049df4
- 3.2: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/7e9b2bcfabb50649212c07097985b60f8360ef83
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Thorsten Eckel (znuny) and Remo Stäuble (InfoGuard) for discovering and reporting this issue.