Security Advisory 2016-01: Security Update for OTRS FAQ package
July 01, 2016 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2016-01
- Date: 2016-06-25
- Title: FAQ Database Access
- Severity: 6.5
- Product: FAQ 5.0.x (OTRS 5), FAQ 4.0.x (OTRS 4), FAQ 2.3.x (OTRS 3.3), FAQ 2.2.x, FAQ 2.1.x, FAQ 2.0.x
- Fixed in: FAQ 5.0.5 (OTRS 5), FAQ 4.0.5 (OTRS 4), FAQ 2.3.6 (OTRS 3.3)
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:N/AC:M/AU:N/C:C/I:P/A:P/E:POC/RL:OF
- References: CVE-2016-5843
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS FAQ module.
- An attacker could access and manipulate the database with an HTTP request.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of FAQ:
- FAQ 2.0.x up to and including 2.0.8
- FAQ 2.1.x up to and including 2.1.4
- FAQ 2.2.x up to and including 2.2.3
- FAQ 2.3.x up to and including 2.3.4
- FAQ 4.0.x up to and including 4.0.3
- FAQ 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.3
This vulnerability is fixed in FAQ 5.0.5, FAQ 4.0.5, and FAQ 2.3.6 and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these versions.
Fixed FAQ releases can be found at:
Here are detailed information about the required changes:
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Michael Sincavage for discovering and reporting this issue.