Security Advisory 2016-02: Security Update for OTRS
November 01, 2016 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2016-02
- Date: 2016-11-01
- Title: Stored CSS Vulnerability
- Severity: low
- Product: OTRS 3.3.x 4.0.x 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 3.3.16 4.0.19 5.0.14
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR:CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2016-9139
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS:
- OTRS 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.15
- OTRS 4.0.x up to and including 4.0.18
- OTRS 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.13
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these.
Fixed FAQ releases can be found at:
Here are detailed information about the required changes:
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Jakub Żoczek (Allegro) for discovering and reporting this issue.